1. Students are not to take exams in rooms or seats other than those specified for them. In cases of violation, students face the risk of having their exam cancelled.
2. Arriving late to exam rooms is strictly prohibited.
3. Students are not allowed to enter books, documents, or any types of manuscripts into exam rooms at the risk of exam cancellation even if the papers are not relevant to the exam subject. Invigilators will search students’ seats before starting the exam.
4. Purses are not allowed in exam rooms.
5. Each student is seated in a specified place, and he/she must comply with the exam room head’s request of a seat change if the need arises.
6. Students must have their University IDs with them, and constantly display them on their seats.
7. Students are expected to write in ballpoint or rollerball pens. Writing in pencils is not allowed unless required by the nature of the exam or with prior consent of the course instructor.
8. Students must write their full names (including father’s name) and University ID numbers (as written in their ID cards) in Arabic only on questions sheets and draft papers as soon as they receive them.
9. Apart from students’ names, no writing is allowed on the question sheets at the risk of exam cancellation.
10. Using dictionaries, calculators, and other devices is not allowed in exam rooms unless approved by the course instructor.
11. Borrowing rulers, dictionaries, or calculators is not allowed during the exam.
12. Students must take exams in their course language.
13. Students must write their answers on official answer sheets and cannot use question sheets as drafts. A special part of answer sheets is specified for draft use.
14. Students are not allowed to leave the exam room without having turned in their papers even if they were blank. Papers are not to be returned to students after having been submitted for any reason.
15. Students cannot leave the exam room until at least half an hour has passed after distributing exam papers. Students are not allowed to enter the exam room after having left under any circumstances.
16. Talking during the exam or any discipline-violating conducts are strictly prohibited. In case of violations, the exam room head notifies the student and is authorized to ask him/her to leave the room. In this case, the student is assigned a score of zero.
17. Students are expected to leave exam rooms quietly as soon as they hand in their papers. Gatherings around exam rooms are not allowed.
18. Cell phones are to be handed in to the exam room head prior to the beginning of the exam. Entering a cell phone into an exam room could be considered an act of cheating for which a student could be penalized by getting a score of zero.
19. Writing non-exam-related phrases or sentences, including pleas to instructors, on answer sheets and question sheets are not allowed.
20. Students cannot write on the devices that they use, such as calculators or others. Any writing of the sort is considered an attempt of cheating regardless of being relevant or irrelevant to exam content.
21. Exam-related questions cannot be addressed to invigilators or exam room head.