Dear Students of Yarmouk Private University, I wish to congratulate you on choosing to enroll at YPU and to assure you that this university has set out from the beginning to be a home for distinction in all of its programs.
The university’s aims and objectives include, among other matters, helping students to achieve high standards of knowledge in addition to practical training and experience in their fields of specialization.
The university’s primary focus is on preparing students to enter the employment market equipped with qualifications that help them succeed in the service of their communities and country.
I wish also to offer the following advice and reminders:
- I suggest that you make good use of your time from day one by keeping up with your classes and assignments and by recognizing the serious results of tardiness and putting off important matters.
Keep in touch with your professors by seeking their advice and asking them for additional clarification of matters that you may have missed or did not fully understand.
- Remember that regular attendance of classes and other course activities is of utmost importance both for the proper acquisition of knowledge and for avoiding the regulatory consequences of repeated absences which may include failing the course.
- Regular attendance also develops habits of punctuality and good time management.
- Always remember also that you are university students first and foremost and that your priority is to make use of this opportunity to get the most of it in the acquisition of knowledge and practical experience.
This is achieved through diligence and an inquiring mind, so do not hesitate to ask questions and seek advice from faculty and staff alike.
- Discipline is one of the cornerstones of YPU policy and practice. I advise you to strive to show exemplary discipline in the classroom, laboratories, restaurant, on university shuttle buses and in all sites of student activities.
Make good and proper use of the facilities the university provides for your benefit.
Make special efforts to develop good relations with faculty, staff and fellow students; they provide the environment that will help you achieve your goals.
- Finally, you are the principal factor in the achievement of success and distinction for yourselves and for the university; do not hesitate to offer suggestions and ideas that will help in the development of your university.
The YPU Administration will always listen with interest and understanding.
I have hopes and confidence that you face a promising career and future.