Academic cooperation agreements with foreign universities aim at the following.
- Exchanging experiences to upgrade the academic level at YPU, ensure our quality of instruction, and achieve international accreditation.
- Hosting professors with distinguished experiences and expertise to take part in teaching and research at YPU.
- Enhancing the competence of our teachers through interacting with their counterparts at the universities with which we have signed agreements.
- Securing admission for postgraduate studies (Masters and PhD degrees) to our graduates.
- Exchanging students, providing opportunities for our students to attend courses or workshops at these universities.
- Co-organizing academic conferences, seminars, and symposiums.
Below is a list of universities with which agreements have been signed until July 2012.
- Malaya University in Malaysia
- Mulitmedia University in Malaysia
- Weihenstephan University in Germany
- Al-Hosn University in the United Arab Emirates
- Wessex Institute in the United Kingdom
- Petra University in Jordan
- Cannes University in France
- University of Nicosia in Cyprus
YPU continues to pursue efforts to sign other agreements.
YPU Membership at Arab Universities League :
In the 43rd round of the General Conference of Arab Universities League, held at Surt University in the Great People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya on 20-21/4-2010, YPU officially became a participating member of the League.
A glimpse of the updates on academic agreements and their action plans as of 24/4/2010 :
- Signing an academic cooperation agreement with CQ University in Australia
A distinguished academic cooperation agreement was signed with CQ University (CQU) in Australia. This University is one of the biggest Australian universities, spreading over ten campus locations in various Australian regions.
Notably, CQU has given special care its agreement with YPU. CQU President has given immediate approval to offer assistance to our University in terms of developing academic work and research, leading to prompt formulation of the agreement action plan.
Hence, YPU is currently involved in agreements with two of Australia’s biggest universities:
- CQ University Australia
- Western Sydney University
- Results of Agreements with French Universities and Schools
- Preparations to sign an agreement of academic cooperation between YPU and Burdeos University in France have been completed with the launching of the professional specialized Diploma in managing small and middle-sized institutions. This agreement is to be signed soon.
- There is currently communication between YPU and Grenoble International School of Management to sign an academic cooperation agreement that will enable YPU students to pursue their postgraduate studies at this specialized school with established reputation at the European and international levels. Of note is that YPU students will be given the opportunity to attend courses at this school in the summer of 2010, and preparations are being currently made for that end.
- Results of Efforts to Sign Agreements with British Universities
Preparations to sign an agreement of academic cooperation with Heriot Watt University in Britain, a reputable and well-established University at the European and international levels, have reached end stages.
- Steps of Applying Agreements in Summer 2010
YPU administration is exerting a lot of efforts to put the agreed on action plans of the agreements with Al-Hosn University in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and Petra University in Amman, Jordan into application. The final preparations for sending some YPU students to Abdu Dhabi and Amman to attend some courses at these universities have been completed.
Preparations are also currently being made to host a Business Administration Professor at YPU to contribute to the academic work at the Faculty of Administrative and Financial Sciences in the summer 2010 semester.